1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front Hitches

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by Grumpyjoe, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Grumpyjoe

Grumpyjoe New Member

New to Chevy/GMC vans but my tool shop needs a van. I am buying a 2005 GMC 10'Box van like at Uhaul. I need/want a front hitch. I live in the mountains and use a light snow plow that mounts in a receiver. I can find front hitches for 2003 and back but nothing newer. I like some of the brush guards and may adapt to one too. Short of making a custom bumper does anyone know the part number or have pictures of the mounts?

The van is needed mostly to pick up tools and Snow Chains. During the winter I would have either the plow or my winch on the front. Getting stuck or moving other stuck cars is common for the delivery trucks driving in the winter. I have never been stuck but who knows.

If I should avoid the 05 vans I can still get an 04 but not much earlier.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I used a company called Hitch World for the last two front recievers I bought.
    Looked at their on line catalg but I didnt see anything for your van.
    The front hitch on my Tacoma was an off the shelf item that cost $123, the hitch for my Dually was custom fabbed by Hitch World and ran $225.
    On both hitchs I had attachment points for hooks added since they normally get used for an 8k winch on a reiciever mount.
  3. Grumpyjoe

Grumpyjoe New Member

I too use hitch worlds and uhaul for most. I can fab a bumper with a hitch but it is getting colder and snow will be here soon. I am pushing on age and my winter garage days are fewer each year. Never old but getting older quick. I would rather buy and install a quick hitch. One shop told me it was an interference issue but did not know what the hitch would be hitting. I get my van Friday or Saturday and I might be able to compare it to a 2003 to see what is different.