1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front hub assembly with ABS, worst design ever! Help

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by msvx95, Sep 23, 2011.

1. msvx95

msvx95 Rockstar

My truck started acting up again...appears to be another abs sensor failure where I'll begin to stop at slow speeds and the abs kicks on and brakes flutter and truck will feel like I'm stopping on ice.
    I've had these hubs replaced about 3 times in 10 years now and will be having to have this again for the 4th time. Needless to say I'm pissed.

What can I do for the time being without replacing these? I'd like to turn off the abs. Can I pull a fuse or something? What's the simple band-aid?
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

How many miles are you getting out of the hubs? Is it the same hub?
  3. msvx95

msvx95 Rockstar

14,000 miles on these hubs and installed about 1-1/2 years ago...I have no idea which hub ...never throws any codes for errors. The shop that installed them couldn't find an error when I brought it to them last time. The parts were 400 dollars and labor was 200 last time. I don't have the money this time that's why I just want to kill the abs
  4. msvx95

msvx95 Rockstar

Pulled the 60 amp fuse, done with it. Truck drives fine so far.
  5. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would be happy to look into this for you as well with your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.