1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front license plate backet???

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by chriskagiliery, Apr 7, 2007.

1. chriskagiliery

chriskagiliery New Member

Does anyone know if they make a bracket for an 04 Colorado? I cant find one on ebay and Im assuming I need one to put a plate on the front cause the holes that are in the bumper now dont line up with a license plate. If anyone knows, please email me at chriskagiliery@sbcglobal.net Thanks!!!
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I wonder if you went to a local dealer and asked them for a frame with their logo on it, if they could hook you up a bracket for free.
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

When I got my Trailblazer it didn't have one (not sure why) but I ordered 1 from dealership seems to me it was a bit pricey for a hunk of plastic. Call your local dealer, other than a wrecking yard.
  4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Usually we didn’t put them on if they were being shipped to a state that did not require a front plate.

They were left in the trunk, so if you bought it used and the first owner threw it away, you were out of luck.

Most people just put a plate on that made it more personal, but other would just get lost over the years.
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ya I got Patrick to run that Car fax thing off and my TB came from Quebec so maybe they don't need a front plate there...but I do know it never had the bracket in there.
  6. Flatman

Flatman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Still need a bracket? What is the distance between the holes? I have one I would sell for cheap if it fits....
  7. djlndc

djlndc New Member

Go to the Chevy dealer and they will sell you one for around $25 bucks. I had an 05 Colorado that I bought in Pennsylvania without a bracket - needed one when I registered it here in VA.
  8. jhbmf

jhbmf New Member

Mine came with one in a plastic bag and it is still sittin gin my garage i think, or I threw it away, we don't use front plates here.