Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front License Plate Bracket Installation

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ddeal6545, Oct 22, 2011.

1. ddeal6545

ddeal6545 New Member

I have a 2008 Silverado K1500 and want to mount the front license plate bracket on it. The hardware included with the bracket has four nails inside black plastic sheaths with flat heads. Are these rivets? I have been unable to find anything in the owners manual or the shop manual on how to mount this bracket. So how is it supposed to be installed?:neutral:
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! I recently removed the front plate & ' mount and there were only two of the black plastic nails holoding it on. You mighgt get a few more answers posting in one of the other forums. Give it a try if you don't get an answer.
  3. Lordvader

Lordvader Rockstar

My salesman dropped off my front license plate bracket today for my 2103 Silverado that was never installed. It has the 4 rivets and two screws. I have been searching for hours tonight trying to find out how to install the bracket and came up empty on the web. Please advise....
  4. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

****Thread Moved Here****
  6. Lordvader

Lordvader Rockstar

Thanks guys!!!!

I did the install. I borrowed a rivet gun from my neighbor.