1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front or Rear Leveling??

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by flag8r, Apr 15, 2008.

1. flag8r

flag8r New Member

Hey all, I have a 08 Silverado Crew Cab 2WD with 285/70/17 tires and I'm trying to decide which way to level my truck. Most people seem to do the front 2 inch lift, but I've also seen a 2" rear shackle drop for the rear. The rear shackles are quite a bit cheaper then the front lift, but is this going to affect the ride quality at all? I really like the way the bigger tires fill out the front wheel well and I'd like the back to look similar, that's why I was leaning toward the rear lowering. Any thoughts?

Oh yeah, mostly on road or gravel road driving and I rarely carry a very heavy load in the bed.
  2. 07 redrado

07 redrado New Member

with it being a 2wd id go with the rear kit. i have the front leveled on mine but it is 4x4. id think that u will still be able to run the same size tire even with the rear lowered. just my .02
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

its all preference and how you want you truck to look.. since you put bigger tires on it I would say do the front leveling kit.. It will give your truck a nice aggressive stance even tho it is 2WD.. just my 2 cents also
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  4. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre New Member

I'm with Pete It will look more agressive plus lowering on gravel roads.. not for me.
  5. Gmcsuvguy

Gmcsuvguy New Member

Post a pic of your truck so we can see how the front is compared to the back, it may help with some advise.
  6. flag8r

flag8r New Member

Here's my truck now, not sure how to insert a big pic into the file, only attach...sorry

Attached Files:

7. sierraman

sierraman New Member

yeah i would go with the front for those tires