1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front Right Caliper on Equinox Stuck

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jjjg_02, Mar 9, 2012.

1. jjjg_02

jjjg_02 New Member

My front right caliper on an Equinox is stuck. I drive it and once I get done I can smell the brakes. It gets so hot that the wheel gets hot also. I have taken it apart and cleaned it and it's still sticking. Can anyone think of what may cause this to happen?
  2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member

what year/trim is it?

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

If i had a guess, they use a single piston floating style caliper on it. Have you taken the slide pins out, removed the rubber covers (assuming they have them), and checked the pins for any kind of abnormal wear or notching? Also, grease the piss out of them while they are off the car. I've had the same issue on a different car and i took a strip of emory cloth, hit them lightly and greased em up and it solved my issue.
  3. jjjg_02

jjjg_02 New Member

I totally pulled it apart, hit it with emory cloth and greased it before I put the pistons back in. The pedal is extremely stiff to push, takes forever to come back up, I bleed them and it's still doing it. When you put it in netrual on a hill it doesn't roll at all. It's like the brakes are dragging. I'm thinking a bad master cylinder, but I'm not sure.
  4. dipstick

dipstick New Member

Need a new caliper ..or rubber brake line has collapsed inside not letting pressure back to ms.
    If it was ms/master cylinder both would be sticking.