front shocks

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by will454, Apr 27, 2009.

1. will454

will454 New Member

I have a 95 k2500 with a 454. I want to replace the front shocks and noticed there is only the shock and control arm for the front susp. Is this right, no springs and shocks? What is reccomended for the change my buget isnt too high.

Thanks.

2. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

These are the part numbers and the price for your truck and the order is about how I would rate them.
    The first shock is a good everyday shock its better than stock but nothing special, the sensatrac are good shocks and have served me well, the bisltein well everyone loves them so they are listed :)

Monroe Heavy duty Part No. 59582 $21.99

[​IMG]

Monroe Sensatrac Part No. 37130 $40.99
    [​IMG]

Bilstein BE5-A405-H0 $77.99
    [​IMG]

3. missingremote

missingremote New Member

Yeah Will,
    Not any accessories for our year Suburban as in suspension upgrade.
    I got the same SUV. No springs up front. Just the torsion bars. Can't jack the front up any higher than stock. I use A/C Delco shocks.
    If your shock ain't leaking or "Blown" you'd just be fixing something that isn't broken.

4. will454

will454 New Member

Thanks for the info dr zero e have the same paint scheem. I think i'll tru the monroe senatrac. the reason i am changing the shocks is i feel every bump in the road. the tire pressure is correct and the shocks look old and worn. Its like SLAM and i drove over a crack in the road. should be nothing. thanks again

5. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I almost bought another with the same paint but with barn doors just for the heck of it LOL

Even the least expensive shock listed above will help if they are that far gone but the sensatrac ride pretty good. For the back I got a set of the sensatrac coil overs they run about $100 a pair and help to level the rear and smooth the ride:great: