1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front Speakers

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bigbluesub, Oct 5, 2009.

1. bigbluesub

bigbluesub New Member

Greetings All, I just got a 1989 v1500 suburban 4x4. What have you guys done for front speakers? I would like to upgrade the sound system. Thanks....
  2. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts

I had two MTX 10" subs in my 95 Jimmy and was really happy with the sound, they weren't too loud but still sounded good!
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

:sign0016:to the site,from Calif.Went I swap out my speaker's I picked up a set of Kicker Speakers...A Very nice upgrade,they sound Great.:great: I picked them up from Crutchfield's,you will be able to find which ones will fit for your ride and they also came with everything needed to install them.
  4. egreg

egreg New Member

I had an 86 suburban. I cut holes for 6.5" speakers in the front doors. I kept the rears the same 4x10 i think (they were a weird size). The new fronts will sound great if you get them sealed properly.