1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

front suspension problem help!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by CJlambertz71, Jan 16, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. CJlambertz71

CJlambertz71 Member

ok to start off my stabilizer shock fell off so im fixing that right now, then where my sway bar connects to the arms its really loose and bent so i cant tighten it but im guessing it did that because of the larger tires and lastly my front tires are angled in at the bottom so the wear down on the outside of the tire fast
    please help

2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That has to do with the camber. (i believe)

Im not100% sure how to corret it..Im sure somone else does...

3. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

You need an alignment.

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My guess is you hit something 4wheeling or something, that would account for the bent and loose sway bar and camber out of whack, there could also be more hidden damage if this is the case

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Havent jumped the truck lately have ya?
    The force of larger tires creates more leverage on suspension components so small bumps and jumps that would normally be soaked up by a stock suspension with stock size tires are now magnafied and creating stresses that are causing failure of components. Laymans terms you added bigger tires and didnt beef up the suspension to handle them.
    Get an alignment first, they'll tell ya they need to shim it some probably.
    The sway bar brackets need to be adjusted back to their original position, a blue tip wrench or BFH should help you do this.
    Then buy new end links and bushings for the swaybar.
    Finally either spend some money beefing up the suspension, switch back to smaller tires, or get used to replacing broken and prematurely worn parts.