1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front Suspension ugpgrades

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ridick_bowen, Jul 31, 2013.

1. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

Can anyone tell me how to determine whether I have a 3 or 4 spline pitman arm?
  2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Remove it and count? No idea otherwise
  3. ridick_bowen

That sucks. So I got a few quotes and estimated cost of parts. Everything with cost about 2 grand. :(
  4. j cat

j cat Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

give us a parts/labor cost breakdown.

with a auto repair shop having all the proper tools all this would take 1 hour labor . 2 tie rods and idler/pitman arm on a lift with air powered tools and a wrench twisting basic nut and bolt guy.
  5. ridick_bowen

Price included all my bushings. I'm taking to the shop tomorrow for inspection. I'll just replace needed parts with basic parts. No energy suspension stuff.
  6. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

You know you can rent the necessary tools for the job through autoZone right? It's not a hard job if you have an impact gun
  7. ridick_bowen

No impact gun. I know I can do the work. I'm just lazy. Plus, I need to put in a ton of work on my bike.
  8. ridick_bowen

Got my truck checked. Everything seems to be fine and tight. Nothing seems to be loose.

Guess I'll let out some air in my tires to soften things up a little.
  9. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

So...all of this help from the forum was without you getting your suspension checked out first? And, now you find you don't need anything? Am I getting this correct? wow.....
  10. ridick_bowen

Yep. Running lower PSI helped greatly. I'm planning on greasing all my zerks now. If it makes you feel better, I learned a lot about tie rod ends and ball joints in the process. I also did lots of research. :great: