Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front Sway Bar Bushing Installation - How To

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Dadeo, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Dadeo

Dadeo New Member

Hi all, looking for guidance on how to install the front outer sway bar bushings on a 1985 K10.
    They are rubber bushings and seem to be significantly larger then the sway bar hole
    thanks for any help,
    Dadeo

Attached Files:

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Soap up the bushing and the sway bar with dish detergent, than get the wifes (or yours if your into that 70's blow dried look) blow drier and heat the bushing up until its pliable than stretch it over the end link.
    Then go drink a noce cool Miller Light before you takle the other side.
    Even lubed and heated it'll still fight you a good amount.
  3. Dadeo

Dadeo New Member

Sway Bar Bushing

Thanks for the response Tim,
    This goes inside the round hole on the sway bar and did you ever use any tooling? I have some Ball joint tools I started to try and stopped when I could see the rubber not compressing into the hole. I also read somewhere to put them in the freezer overnight, tried that and did not see any difference. I'll try heating them up as you suggested.
    Oh yeah, no hair left for the blow drier, but I have a heat gun I'll use!
    If this works, the beer will be flowing!
    Dadeo
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

since a heat gun gets much hotter than a hair drier make sure you dont melt the rubber