1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

front turn signal assembly?

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by freddie, Oct 14, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. freddie

freddie Rockstar 100 Posts

Does anyone know if someone make the front turn signal assembly in leds like you can buy the tail light assembly in leds? For 2003 avalanche

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. ARMYtango

ARMYtango Rockstar

Do you have the cladded Avalanche, or the WBH (Without Body Hardware)?

3. freddie

With cladding

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Nope... Cladded Lights are Different then any other GM Truck ... You can get a Bulb.. But the whole unit is not made..

Disney 042.jpg

1 person likes this.
  5. freddie

@ Enkeiavalanche your signature says 08 AV. So the pic posted isnt yours right?

6. Enkeiavalanche

My old Av Was the First one sold in the US I had it June 1 01 Till I got my 08.. Sold the 02 with 139K on her It was used in many ad's and on many web sites.. I miss it... Are you on any of the Avalanche web sites?

florida truck pics 026 (Custom).jpg florida truck pics 038 (Custom).jpg 086.jpg Old and New..

7. freddie

No just on here. Both look very good! Be glad when i get some extra money to do more upgrades. The reason why i was asking was i thought u had hids in the cladded fog light. I would like to do that in mine but they collect moisture inside and blow all my bulbs. And i was just wondering if you knew if replacement assemblies were made better. Until i reread your signature and realized yhat you have an 08 now.

8. Enkeiavalanche

If I remember right people used to put 9006 or 9005's in the fog light opening for a brighter bulb The DRLs always got Amber Sylvania's...SilverStars

resize.jpg

9. freddie

I currently dont have any bulbs in the DRL's or fogs because the inside of the lenses collect moisture. And all the bulbs end up blowing. Do you think new replacement lenses /hanging fog light DRL assembly would be better so they wouldnt collect moisture too over time? I just don't want to spend the money on new one just to have the same problem soon after i put them in.

10. ARMYtango

ARMYtango Rockstar

Have you tried using silicone around the housing?
    This may be the most inexpensive way to keep the moisture out. It may be worth the try before you spend the larger amount of money getting newer housings.

1 person likes this.