1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front Valance removal not the air damn the piece above it

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Dand, May 16, 2012.

1. Dand

Dand New Member

Greetings to all from Colorado! Need some help, I want to remove the front valance located right below the shinny chrome bumper, I stuck my hand up inside and felt the whatever's it is that holds it on. What do I need to get this thing off....Help Me Please!!!:sign0017:
  2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Truck...year..maybe a pic....
  3. Dand

Dand New Member

It' a 06 Silverado what type of tool do I need for the nuts used to attach it
  4. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Pretty sure he means this piece pictured below, I don't own this body style anymore otherwise I would crawl under and check for you. Hopefully someone else can provide more info.

Attached Files:

5. Dand

Dand New Member

That's the piece alright! After crawling back under for a closer look I've found that it attached vis push pins (clamps) just as are the fender flares. By the way the push pins are 4 bucks a piece, there's' a male and and female. Oh yeh there's 13 of them.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You might be able to get them cheaper at Lowes. I've seen a number of push pins in a cabinet of theirs ... going for far, far less than stealerships want.
  7. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ya just pop the pin up with a small screw driver then pop the other part out.
  8. Dand

Dand New Member

Are talking about the center of the pin or what
  9. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

If I remember correctly, the center (male) pulls out and then you have to squeeze 2 wings from the bottom to get the female part completely out. I took mine off a couple of months ago. It was an ordeal due to 8 years of dirt under there.
  10. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Cheez is right but on mine, I got fed up with trying to get them off so I broke them all off and replaced them with Grade A bolts, flat, and lock washers and nuts.