1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front wheel drive only

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Fishook, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Fishook

Fishook New Member

Hi I have a 96 S-10 Blazer and tow it behind a motorhome. I tow it with a car dolly and remove the rear drive shaft. On my last trip I realized I didn't bring the drive shaft with, so I drove around in front wheel drive only. Just wondering if anyone else has done this. It seems to be fine.

Thank You Fishook
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site, cant say that i would recommend doing that, i have due to broken rear shaft while mudding, but only for a short trip
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

For emergency situations it should be fine but I wouldnt make a habit of doing this.
    Theres a few companies that make driveshaft couplers, with one of these installed you dont have to pull the D/S just un couple it and leave it in place might be a little easier and alleviate forgetting the D/S again.