Front wheel hub and bearing replacement Questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Hairscrambler, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Hairscrambler

Hairscrambler New Member

Hi all, I need to replace the left front wheel hub and bearing on my 2005 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4. Is this something easy to do or should I have a shop do it ? What might I expect to pay for this at a shop ? Thanks in advance for all replies :great:

2. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

It's not too hard to do. I just replaced mine, some bolts were stuck on really really hard. If you have a descent set of tools, a good cheat bar, and a heavy duty chisel it shouldn't be horrible. Once it is apart putting it all back together is cake. I think I paid just over $100 for parts from advanced auto.

[video]Www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR4KMxcnrQI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlR4 KMxcnrQI[/video]

3. Hairscrambler

Hairscrambler New Member

:sign0011::great:

- - - Updated - - -

Attempted to try it but some bolts were too tight and I didn't wanna break something. I made arrangements for my mechanic to do both sides since the right side had some play in it. Thanks for the help though FrigginNoodles:great:. Years ago I used to like to work on trucks motorcycles etc. Now I just don't have the desire :no: or the skills