1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front wheel hub and bearing replacement Questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Hairscrambler, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Hairscrambler

Hairscrambler New Member

Hi all, I need to replace the left front wheel hub and bearing on my 2005 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4. Is this something easy to do or should I have a shop do it ? What might I expect to pay for this at a shop ? Thanks in advance for all replies :great:
  2. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member 100 Posts

It's not too hard to do. I just replaced mine, some bolts were stuck on really really hard. If you have a descent set of tools, a good cheat bar, and a heavy duty chisel it shouldn't be horrible. Once it is apart putting it all back together is cake. I think I paid just over $100 for parts from advanced auto.

[video]Www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR4KMxcnrQI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlR4 KMxcnrQI[/video]
  3. Hairscrambler

Hairscrambler New Member

:sign0011::great:

- - - Updated - - -

Attempted to try it but some bolts were too tight and I didn't wanna break something. I made arrangements for my mechanic to do both sides since the right side had some play in it. Thanks for the help though FrigginNoodles:great:. Years ago I used to like to work on trucks motorcycles etc. Now I just don't have the desire :no: or the skills