1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front wheel wobble when backing up and turning.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Chad, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Chad

Chad New Member

I have a 2003 Tahoe Z71 that has a strange issue in the front end. When I back out of a parking space and have the wheel cut to the left, the right front wheel gives a strange wobbling feeling that moves the whole front end a bit. The first few times it did this I thought I must have rolled over a stick or something. But now I feel it each time I back out turning that direction. It's as though the wheel is not rolling straight. I recently had the truck aligned, which did not fix the problem. The people at the shop also said my front end appeared fine, but I don't know I have 100% confidence in their assessment. Any ideas what this might be?

Thanks,

-Chad
  2. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Could be a bubble but i think you would feel that driving. Might be bearings but you should have heard them. If ya trust you're wife have her back in a circle and look up under and see from the front of course and be aware of sudden transmission gear selecting type noises. Don't make my mistake and yell at the old lady while she was helping me out by driving while i looked under it