1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

front wheels sticking out 95 suburban

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by I_love_my_suburban, Jul 26, 2010.

1. I_love_my_suburban

I_love_my_suburban New Member

hi, we have a 95 suburban 454, our front wheels stick out farther than the back, there are after market rims on it, we did not put those on. we have rotated the back wheels with the front and no difference. so my question is, why are the front wheels sticking out farther than the back wheels?

the suburbans front end sits lower than the back end, were thinking the guy that had it last put a new suspension on the front and its not holding up, making the front wheels push out.
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I can't tell you why it's like that but I can tell you that my 1993 2500 'burb is the same way. It's just that they designed them this way.
    As far as the front end sitting lower, it's the normal rake of the vehicle. So it sounds like your burb is exactly the way the factory intended.
    Unless the front wheels are sticking out in excess of 5 inches or more it's completely normal.
    They should be about 2-4 inches further out than the rear depending on the kind of tires you have on it.
  3. fxracerx

fxracerx Member

Its because of the offset on the wheels. My 96 K1500 did that when I put aftermarket wheels on it. I liked the wider stance up front it provided better handling I think. I had 35x12.50x15 bfg all terrains on it and about half of the tire was under the wheel well.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

All the 3/4 ton Suburbans with your body had the front wheels sticking out. I have a '96 1/2 ton and the f&r axles are even. Some of our customers back then had us install a rear wheel spacer to move it further out. I don't remember how thick the spacer was, sorry. We did also have a couple of customers have us order differant off-set rear wheels. The only problem with that is you can't rotate the tires unless you have them swapped on the rims. I would do what most people do, live with it.
  5. burtfishmonger

burtfishmonger New Member

so, does anyone know what the proper offset or spacer size to use on factory wheels on the rear of the trucks so the wheels match front and rear? I have a 90 suburban and I would really like the rear offset to match the front