Frontend conversion

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by dadngt, May 27, 2012.

1. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

I have been toying arround with the idea of doing a front clip swap. I don't like the new Caddy clips so thats out of the question, I've seen the HD swaps which look cool & different on a single cab shortbed truck (on my xcab might as well own a real HD) So then there was the Tahoe Avalanche clip.
    silverhoe.jpg
    I've seen pictures before & thought it looked way off but this truck looks nice with it in my opinion. Would like to know if this will be just an outer shell swap or if there is more under the skin that needs to be modified? I need access to a new tahoe or avalanche to compare under the hood.

2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

That definitely looks good, one suggestion i have as far as getting to look under the hood of one.. go to a dealership. Beats asking some random person if you can "look under their hood" hahaha.
    I can't provide any insight as to whether or not it would take lots more behind the scenes work, but good luck finding out and keep us posted on what you do find!

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That looks nice!

4. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah that truck looks pretty sweet. Alot to commit to though. The rado's front end looks more rugged and the Tahoe/Avalanche front end looks more sleek. However I think the big rims and lower kit makes that truck look so good.

5. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I really like the way that looks. Never seen that done before. You would really stand out to those that realize the change. I Like how clean all the lines came out it really looks as if that front clip could have come on that truck. I'd say go for it good idea

6. dadngt

From what I found the Tahoe fenders don't match the silverado rear fenders & look weird but was told the Z71 Avalanche would match better. Yet I haven't found anything about it being a direct swap. Seen a few older model trucks doing the conversion with major mods. Lot of cool pic on Yahoo Image search for "silverado tahoe conversion" if interested. I agree about the Silverado looking more rugged than the Tahoe, Think may work for me since my original concept for this truck was a low racing/hotrod style look. Also good idea about going to the dealership to compare under the hood... except being bothered by the vultures.... I mean salesperson. Anyways til I find out more about it this will sit on the back burner list of to do's.

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i saw a silverado with a escalade front end. look kinda neat.

Alex

8. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yah the tahoe front end looks way better than the escalade front ends on a truck imo. Just gotta try to find someone with a tahoe that wants a silverado front end haha. I know friends that switched their chrysler 300 and dodge magnum front ends looked awesome

9. dadngt

Lol I've seen the 300 Magnum swap on an episode of Overhaulin. There could be someone out there with a Tahoe wanting a Silverado clip.
    tahoeclip.jpg

10. dadngt

I found this caddy clip for an older style Silverado, its a kit for about $2600 Still not liking the new caddy the area between the lights & grille look to big to me. but I do howeve like those mirrors. Anyone know more about them... if they are caddy mirrors or just chromed mirrors with a body matched color cover?

caddyclip.jpg might help if I post the pic lol

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012