Frot drive shaft stuck

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Conlan Rose, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Help please i cant figure out how to remove the front drive shaft retainers from the T case. I got the front ones off but shaft wont buge with out the t case ones off.

2. Conlan Rose

Its been three hours and still to no avail the pan bolts are off and transmission inspection plate I also unbolted but they can't go anywhere. Tried to do it with the 4x4 on and still can apply enough torque to remove the bolts. When applying force the whole truck moves not the bolts.... I don't know what to do the truck can't move has no oil in it and its not worth the effort to bolt everything back up if it will still just leak everywhere.

3. Conlan Rose

4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You may need to use penetrating oil on the bolts. Also, the shaft will not release unless the slip yoke is compressed. These can seize up and be a bear to remove. You can try to take out the zurg fitting and filling the joint with penetrating oil to get it moving again. Make sure to mark the position of the shaft in relation to the transfer case and differential before removing. The shaft is balanced and must be reinstalled the same way it came out. Many have had to cut the shaft out and replace it.

5. Conlan Rose

The slip joint compresses, but the bolts on the t-case don't move. I will try WD-40 in the morning, because I'm just done for the night and need to decompress. I will post pics and write on my original thread the how situation.