For Sale FS or Trade. Hypertech Max Energy and Spectre Cold Air Intake.

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by Sierraowner5.3, May 6, 2012.

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

just like the title says, selling my spectre cold air and hypertech tuner, traded my 05 sierra for a 11, and neither will work on the new truck.

$175 for the tuner (less then half of a new one) and $75 for the cold air. Tuner comes with box, and all cables. Is current on software updates. will tune any gm 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, and 8.1 from 99-06. May work with some 07 classics. It can change many options, rev limit, speed limiter, transmission shift points, shift firmness. It will also adjust for tire size changes, to correct speedometer readings. It will also check engine codes. comes with factory tunes for 87 and 91 octane. no custom tuning.

Spectre comes in box with all hardware, works on 99-07 GM trucks and SUVs, including escalades. filter has roughly 18k miles on it, and is cleanable. took me roughly 45 minutes to put in, and comes with instructions. Reply here or pm for more, can post pictures if requested.

Items are in Virginia beach, availible for pickup or shipping.

if you have something to trade, show me what you have and we can talk.

Alex

2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

If it's not sold by the end of this week, I would like the tuner!

3. Sierraowner5.3

so noted man. ill keep it until this weekend. then we can talk details. id sooner sell it to someone here then elsewhere. out of curiosity, as you have a dyno tune, what are you planning on using ot for?

Alex

4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You have any pics of the CAI?

5. Sierraowner5.3

hey ntbush83. if you go into my profile, i have a pic of it in my old 05. if you want more let me know.

***edit, found it for ya.***

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/album.php?albumid=4227&attachmentid=27168#axzz1uBPAzw6i

a little more info for ya. the filter is a cone style like a K&N. rubber connecting sleves for the intake tube from the MAF and to the throttle body. the tube itself is 3 diameter. and its polished chrome. it has a two sided heat shield for around the filter itself.

Alex

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  6. Jimmeh

I would use it to adjust my speedo for when I switch to my summer and winter tires. Still plan on staying with my stock size for my winter tires, and both dealers want to charge me the hourly rate (one hour is $98 and they charge a minimum of one hour even for a 15 minute job) to recalibrate my speedo. Plus, my dad has the 5.3 so I could even play around with his truck maybe. And the engine code checker is a major plus! I wouldn't have to drive to the parts store 16 miles away just to check my engine codes (not that I have many CEL's in the Chevy).

I get paid tomorrow and have to shuffle some things around, but will contact you on Friday to arrange the buy!

7. Sierraowner5.3

fair enough man, if you catch me on here we can chat or shoot me a PM, and we can figure it out. one thing I should mention, once you tune a vehical, it is tied to that vehicle. so you cant tune your dads, and then your buddys. I also think correctign speedometers and changing tires size ties it as well, never actually played with that part, since i never had to.

Alex

8. Jimmeh

So do you have to delete something on the device itself in order for it to work on my truck after working on yours?

9. Sierraowner5.3

no, i detuned my 05 before i traded it. its open to tune a truck now, its just that once you do it, it is tied to that ones VIN number. if you tune yours, then detune it, then you can go do your dads, or a buddys or whatever, you just cant tune multiple vehicals at the same time.

make sense?

Alex

10. tecster

tecster Member

tuner still for sale???? will you do a combo package deal for a price?