GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

For Sale FS: Sony Trinitron 40" HDTV - not an LCD

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by McClintoc, May 20, 2013.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator

I am moving in a week (but will still have possession of the house I am currently living in for two more weeks). I have a 40" non-LCD TV I would like to get rid of. I don't need it nor do I want to mess with moving it. Yes, it still works.

• Sony Trinitron XBR
    • KV-40XBR800
    • 40" HD 4:3 screen
    • Has 1 DVI connection the rear
    • Remote included
    • 27" D x 43" W x 33" T
    • weighs 300 pounds

Yes, you read that correctly - 300 pounds! Hence, why I don't want to move it. Needless to say, this is for pick up only. TV stand included. PM me if interested. This is in the DFW, TX area. asking $200 for the TV and stand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Good 'ol big-tube Trinitrons -- they were the best in their day, and their $2500ish hundred dollar price tag (including stand, of course), when new, reflected it. It doesn't shock me, at all, that you were still using it 10+ years after its hayday. My 24" trinitron monitor got lots of use past its prime, too -- until, like you, I got fed up with moving it.

The sad part is you'll probably end up giving it away unless you happen to spark the interest of someone who prefers CRT images to LED/LCD images. (Some people like tubes better... I don't happen to be one of them.)

Good luck!
  3. McClintoc

Yeah, its weight is the only gripe I have about it. :no:
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Got some bad news for ya.. There are ALWAYS Sony Tube TV's for FREE!!! On Craigslist.. You just can't get rid of them no one wants to move a 200-300 lbs TV I used to deliver them all the time And I know how heavy they are.. No Thanks :grrrrrr: They are a Great set and have a Great picture But they are just too hard to get rid of.. Sorry Good Luck...
  5. McClintoc

No takers come moving day so I smashed the glass and trashed the TV!
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Got Pics ??? I did that for a friend of mine we out his 32in on a fork Lift as high as it would go over a dumpster and let her RIP!!!! It was Cooll....