1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Boost 18's

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 2k8z71, May 8, 2012.

1. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member

Well I found out that whomever owned my truck before I did, used the wrong type of tire plug and that's why I lose air in my tire. And since you can't re-plug the hole without risking more damage to the tire, I have to get a new tire. But I'm gonna seize the moment and just order new rims and tires. As far as rims go, I'm looking at getting the Fuel Boost 18's but need to know what offset I will need. I am gonna get my RC leveling kit on the truck so I can do 33" tires. The other question I have is the tires. I would like to go 285/65 on the 18's because that's what most people run on a leveled nnbs. The tires they suggested are the BFG T/A tires but I was also looking at the terra grapplers. I know the BFG's are blocked whereas the grapplers ain't. Would the blocked tires create any rubbing issues? What would you guys recommend?
    Truck is a 08 ext cab z71 1500
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

Not sure about back spacing. I do have a question for ya though. I see in your sig under future mods it lists a 4" lift kit. If you plan on doing that why install a level kit first?
  3. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member

I recently decided to just go the leveled look plus whatever lift I get from the 33's. I most likely will never get to do the kind of off roading that requires that high of ground clearance. I'll eventually update my sig lol
  4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

I'm running 305/60 18s with only a slight rub at full lock. As long as ur back spacing is very close to stock you shouldn't rub much
  5. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member

305s is a lot of rubber on a level kit lol. I am sticking to the 285/65s though. My level kit is the RC so it gives me like 2 inches. I I just gotta find out the proper backspacing and offset. 4 wheel parts has a million different options. Might just go in and ask them what they recommend.
  6. silverado469

silverado469 New Member

yo man, i sent you a pm regarding your question about the offset, sorry it took so long to get back to you
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

I'm intellectualy curious about the proper backspacing for 18's on a NNBS truck. I don't have any real reason for wanting to know other than idle curiosity. However, responding here may help others who are searching ... while a PM won't. Can you shed some light?
  8. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member

He pm'd me because I had pm'd him prior to the new thread. But his wheels were +14mm offset with 5.5" backspace. And since I plan of doing a 4" lift in a year or so (tax time most likely) he recommend 0mm offset and at least 5" backspacing
  9. silverado469

silverado469 New Member

yeah the post above pretty much sums it up. i wasnt planning on lifting the truck when i got the wheels and i screwed myself by getting the +14 mm offset. a 0mm offset would be ideal if you want to lift the truck in the future
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Thanks, guys. I don't run 18's but had considered them at one point and wrestled with the backspacing and offset issues. I might still go to 18's once my current tires need to be replaced, but that'll be a while as they are 9 months old and wearing well. The desire for a big brake kit is what would push me to 18's...