1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

fuel delivery issue

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by hotchickwitha454, Oct 14, 2009.

1. hotchickwitha454

hotchickwitha454 New Member

Hi there everyone. We have a 93 3/4 ton suburban with a 454 engine. A few months ago we had a fuel pump go out so we replaced it with the SAME thing. It started acting like it was fuel starved and we were going through fuel like crazy. We searched and found a leak. So we fixed that which included changing the sending unit and lines from the unit to the inline pump. So lines are new as well as sending unit and pump. It ran fine a couple days and started acting fuel starved again. This time it will not climb hills without stalling out. We are at a loss as to what it could be. If you have any answers please let me know. Thanks :).
  2. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com New Member 100 Posts

hi i would recheck the filters. might have got some old dirt in them. hope this helps ralph
  3. hotchickwitha454

thanks. We tried changing the main filter, i was told there is one near the throttle body but cannot find it. My parents and grandparents were all mechanics...doesnt help that i moved 1500 miles away from them lol.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

There is just the one inline filter under the truck. You could have debris in the regulator however. I would check fuel pressure. Try to get a gauge with a hose long enough so you can drive with it connected.
  5. hotchickwitha454

Thanks, I tried telling my husband those do exist but he has to be mr know it all and wont listen to me. Guess i will have to go to the parts store and get one lol.
  6. hotchickwitha454

Just wanted to update everyone that read this thread....We put the in tank pump back on here (i dont know why they had the in tank plus the inline in the first place but they did) and now it works just fine :). Finally got it fixed after 11 hours of working on it and having to drop the tank twice because it WOULDN'T work at all but we figured it out and now its running like a champ...on to the next project with it. BODY WORK!!!