1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Delivery Problem with 1987 TBI 5.7l v8

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Tagerman, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Tagerman

Tagerman Member

Okay,

I am a mechanic but i don't know a whole lot about these old trucks so before I do a lot of work for nothing I thought i'd see what you guys thought. I have a 1987 R10 Silverado with the 5.7l TBI motor. I have not had a problem with the truck everything was working as it should. Yesterday I was driving and the motor just cutoff, no warning signs or anything it just stopped right after a fill up at the gas station. I got a buddy to tow it back to the house and I have found out that I am not getting any fuel out of the injectors. Now for the questions. I let the truck get lower than I ever have before it was at an eighth tank when I filled it is it possible by letting it get that low that I have clogged the fuel strainer? Or maybe my fuel pump has just given up. Any suggestions would be nice!

Thanks,
    Trent