1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Door Troubles

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by KyleZ71, May 22, 2012.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Since I value you guy's opinions so much I thought id ask for advice on this. The paint below my fuel door has chipped away from spilt fuel. So I touched it up with paint but not up to my standards. I would rather get an aftermarket fuel door set up that actually covers it up. Any thoughts? Thanks everyone.

006.jpg
    007.jpg
  2. KyleZ71

I could always just puddy it and paint over but covering it so I dont have to see it makes it so much easier. :lol:
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well as we spoke about the door does not cover it up.. But here is a close up of the AMI door.. gasdoor.jpg gasdoor2.jpg Bloomsburg 137.jpg And the Old Av with the Amp Research door..
  4. KyleZ71

Love that look, I was looking at powder coated black to match the fender flairs. But like you stated doesnt cover up my problem
  5. Enkeiavalanche

050.jpg One more Full side shot...
  6. KyleZ71

Looks really nice man. Hopefully I can find something that will work
  7. KyleZ71

Looked all day yesterday. I cant be the only one to have this trouble, am I? Anyone have any thoughts (sorry for keep on asking but id like to do something before air force field training this summer)
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

right there is a tough spot, my 03 had the same issue. sand it down and painting is really the only option for that spot. no door replacement is gonna cover that.

sorry bud.

Alex
  9. Enkeiavalanche

There is a Chrome like Bib you can get... I have seen them before.. Also some Clear Tape Heavy duty to protect it
  10. KyleZ71

thanks for the advice. i guess ill bite the bullet and work on it myself. crossing fingers this doesnt turn into a project i later regret.