Fuel Economy

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Boltazar, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Boltazar

Boltazar New Member

Hi all, I'm new here and wondering if anyone is trying to get better mileage out of their car or truck. I'd love to hear anyones thoughts on how to do this. Thanks

2. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Fuel Economy, what's that? Lol. I hope you will find somebody that can actually help you. Welcome :)

3. Muddflap

Muddflap Member

Tires will help. You can try to install an air intake. Also pay attention to tire pressure. Maybe new plugs and wires. I dont think it will give you that much but it will help. Good Luck!

4. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I've heard that switching your mechanical fan to an electric fan for your radiator will help with more mpg. I don't know how many. I've been hoping to do this in my truck here in the next month or two.

5. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

12.8 driving around Houston.Never had it on the hwy. Wal-mart gas is some spark knocking stuff.
    The brand of gas dont change it,it will just take the spark knock out.

6. Peckens

Peckens Member

i just changed my oil with mobile 1 syn. ext performance and replaced one quart with lucas oil and have noticed that my engine does everything at 200 to 400 rpm lower than with just mobile1 syn oil

7. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

the best sure fire way is the 2000 rule. keep the tachometer under 2000 when accelerating from a dead stop. There are other ways too, changing all your gear fluids, t-case, tranny to synthetic should give you better MPG as well

8. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I cant do the 2,000 rule I need to hear that thing run. And some people dont have all day to get some where. What about e3 plugs?:rofl:

9. rusty_buckets

rusty_buckets New Member

depending on how much money your willing to spend, a motor is just a big air pump, the easyer you get the air in and get the air out is better economy, like shorty headers and a dual exhaust,and a cold air intake, i have the headers and exhaust and those gained me almost 5mpg up from 13 to roughly 18mpg but at a cost of almost 400 bucks, still saving for the cold air intake

10. Joethepoolguy

Joethepoolguy Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

There are many ways to save or get better milage. Along with the CAI's, exhaust, programmers, and additives, people miss the MOST important thing....FUEL. Just because Joe-Bob's gas station has the lowest price,doesn't mean its good fuel. I live by an Indian Reservation where the fuel is alot cheaper, and so many people get their fuel there,and then wonder why their ride runs like crap!!! Personally, my truck only stops at gas stations that say Mobil, Kwik Fill, or Sunoco. The money you save on the gas will only cost you more in the long run.
    The main problem is that people look at the initial investment, and tend to lean towards the cheapest product, whether it is gas, tires, oil, etc, but don't look at the future. The more you spend now, the less you will spend later.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010