Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Filter plumbing

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by K15 Blazer Guy, Dec 8, 2012.

1. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

GM in its infinite wisdom, put steel fittings on our lines for the frame mounted fuel filter....
    they rusted, and stripped off in the filter's threads leaving a leak.

(if you every go to change your own fuel filter, do it with an EMPTY tank on an incline with the tank below the filter..... or you will take a gas shower)

So im wondering if i can now use an inline steel filter with 3/8 rubber hose.... its 1993 with tbi, so im assuming the fuel pressure is about 15psi?
    i feel comfortable with that. but idk how much fuel pressure this pump can put out at red-line ( i like to do burnouts)

do any of you have a non-stock filter plumbed into your truck?
    does anyone know the max fuel PSI of these trucks?

please help, i need this fixed this weekend.
    THANK YOU!

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind! lol teflon tape fixed it =)

though this could easily be a big problem in the future or to many of you... so be careful when changing these. im gonna coat the fittings in grease so they dont rust anymore