fuel filter replacement on 2004 silverado??

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by identityPRS, Oct 6, 2008.

1. identityPRS

identityPRS Rockstar 100 Posts

hello everyone. i was looking to replace my fuel filter on my 2004 silverado (4.3 V6 regular cab). i learned that some of the V8's had an internal lifetime filter. i have found out that mine DOES have the replaceable filter. i can pick it up at the local parts store for under $30.

my question is, what are the steps in replaceing it? do i just simply take of the fuel lines on both sides, and just put the new on on? is it that easy, or is there something i need to know? thanks for any help!! you guys have all ben so helpful!

2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That's pretty much it, just be careful of the fuel that comes out when you loosen it. It is under pressure, so it will spray out until the pressure is bled off.

3. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah, wear some safety glasses or something, and don't open your mouth :lol:

4. identityPRS

identityPRS Rockstar 100 Posts

awesome! thanks guys! it will be alot less money just to do it myself rather than the $60 the place by my house was going to charge me!!

5. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Dang! $60 is way too much to charge for a fuel filter replacement! Doing it yourself is definitely the way to go. Good luck!