1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel gauge needle

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Treadnmud, Feb 5, 2012.

1. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks!! I live a shade over an hour from Winona!!
  2. AtlantaDJ

AtlantaDJ New Member

My 98 K1500 did it for years. I had my fuel pum fail and replaced. it still kep dping the shake. Now just one month back it stopped shaking by itself. Also the fuel guage has not been correct for years either. the tank holds 42 gallons but after about just 35 gallons used it acts like it is empty. Now that the shake has stopped, this fuel reading problem seems to have improved also.

I know this does not help anyone, just thought I would share my experience.
  3. Treadnmud

Treadnmud New Member

I like the sound of this. May have to hunt him down.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Thanks for all the comments. Looks like I'll just have to test the sending unit and the stepper motors to find my problem. This Burb is gonna become the wife's daily driver soon, so I wanna get it right.