1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Guage stuck on E, with low fuel light on

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by vint3, Mar 11, 2011.

1. vint3

vint3 New Member

I filled my tank today. When I started the 2006 Trailblazer to leave, I noticed that the fuel gauage was sitting on the E with the low fuel warning light on. I restarted the vehicle but it didn't change.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Shake the truck a bit when you drive. turn left and right sharply...
  3. vint3

vint3 New Member

Gas Guage

Since my post, the gauge has been moving. At first it would go up and down. Today it is steady and may be in the correct position. I have the trip odometer set to watch the mileage.
  4. geoturtle

geoturtle New Member

There is apparently an issue with the fuel gauges for 05-07 TrailBlazers, et. al. There is some information at trailvoy dot com (this forum doesn't seem to like links or urls.) Try a search on google for "fuel gauge 05-07 trailvoy"

Charlie
  5. cashion

cashion New Member

GM has started sending out letters stating that they will pay 50% of the repair bill from an authorized dealer up to 10 years or 120,000 miles from the original in-service date. They're calling the issue "fuel sensor premature wear", though if I were guessing, I'd call it ethanol induced degradation.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011