1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Guage

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by matzner66, Jan 28, 2009.

1. matzner66

matzner66 New Member

Over the last few fill ups my guage goes up to 7/8 of a tank and stops. I know the tank is completely full but the guage doesn't show it. This is on a 2004 Silverado. Anybody else run into this and what did you do to fix it?
  2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC. Unfortunately fuel gauge problems are not uncommon with our applications. Do a quick search on this forum for "Fuel gauge" and you will see more than a day's worth of reading on the problem.

On the plus side.. I do believe your vehicle is among one of the ones on the recall list for the gauge cluster. Give a quick call to the nearest dealership and ask them about the recall years and applications for the fuel gauge/gauge cluster issues.

Going from totally memory (which is slowly failing me one day at a time) I believe it's the '03-'05 or so.

Alternatively, someone here might know for sure what years the recall is for.

Let us know what you find out so we can help the next person!