Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Guage

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Tenmore, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Tenmore

Tenmore New Member

2002 3/4 ton 4x4 6.0 burb
    Fuel guage went from 3/4 full to empty and is now jumping around is this the pump and sending unit or a guage problem and how do i find out any help would be appreciated thanks TenMOre

2. avargas681

avargas681 New Member

well id say 9 times out of 10 its the sending unit. The float will develope hole in it, fill up with gas and then give you a false reading. Ive owned plenty of GM trucks and SUV's from '84 on up through an '07 and that has always been the problem. And like always ive found out the hard way, usually coming home from work and getting stuck on the freeway with the gas gauge showing a little over 1/4 tank. Oh and one time I pulled into the driveway with a 1/2 tank and then the "low fuel" light turned on. So id put my money on the sending unit

3. 05azsilver

05azsilver Rockstar 100 Posts

Has the instrument cluster been replaced yet? if it hasn't and you have less than 75k miles on the truck you can get it replaced.