1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

fuel injection problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by silverfalcon_hopkins, Oct 30, 2011.

1. 91chevy silverado 5.7 ltr got gas to throttle body got power to injectors but wont run unless i pour gas into throttle body then cuts off after gas is gone that i poured in please help
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Sounds like the ignition module went out. That is what fires the injectors. common issue with the 88-94 chevys.
  3. Thanks i had already changed the ignition module i actually discovered the problem yesterday i didnt know that new ecm didnt come with proms so i got to get new proms i had already turned in my old ecm with the proms in for the core charge but thanks again
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Well you didnt mention that you had replaced the ECM, or the ignition module. Glad you got it going.