Fuel Injector Replacement

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by mrcaddy, May 3, 2010.

1. mrcaddy

mrcaddy Rockstar

How hard is it to replace the fuel injectors in a 1995 Chevy Suburban? This is the 350, all stock. Can this be done on the engine or do I have to remove the TBI? Can someone talk me through this? Thanks,Scott

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ok it is actually very very easy.... You will simply need to remove the air cleaner, then the torx head screws that hold the injector plate down on the TBI (the torx size is 20) then the injectors can be pulled out. After you have installed the new ones and the new gasket reinstall and fire it up... Take about 20 minutes mabey a bit more...

3. mrcaddy

mrcaddy Rockstar

Ok, I see how that works. It's easy. Now, someone 'gave' me a TBI to try the fuel injectors on mine and see if that is my noise. He wasn't sure that was my noise. Long story.....here is the question: What vehicle does the followinf part number fit? GM 5235203*RPD 7170 Will this work on a 1995 Chevy C1500 Suburban with 350? Thanks,Scott

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Youve got me there....

5. jtwh20

jtwh20 Member

I would call a Chevy dealer with that part # and cross reference it for you - They should be able to find out quickly