1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Injectors Help..

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Walt6488, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Walt6488

Walt6488 New Member

:neutral: Which fuel injectors does my 1999 GMC Yukon Denali with 5.7 / engine code R uses, 5mm or 6.5mm?

Since it is my only vehicle, I simply cannot removed upper intake and check the color coded or size on injector and then put everything back together.
    FYI..I won't be using "poppet valve" spider assembly, I will be converting to MPFI set up.

2. bigdave367

bigdave367 New Member

I am having to replace my injectors also, due to the pressure regulator leaking. the new upgrade kit available through gm, eliminates the "poppet style" and is replaced with mini injectors in its place. the kit retails at dealer for 600+ however, i called my dealer who usually gives me pretty good discounts and they will sell it to me for 480. Even better, I found a brand new set from a dealer in florida on ebay for 365! you might want to look into that.
    Good luck!
    David