Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Fuel issue

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by maxjordan1982, Jun 7, 2011.

1. maxjordan1982

maxjordan1982 New Member

I have a 2000 sivlerado 1500 5.3. I have 126000 on it. I have noticed over the last couple weeks when I get in the high rpms the truck hesitates a little like its not getting enough fuel. When I punch it from a dead stop it lacks power at first. Also if the truck sits for around 12 hours and I start it up it acts like its not getting enough fuel at first. Any ideas any known issues? I have already done a tune up and changed the fuel filter 2 months ago. Thank you.

2. maxjordan1982

maxjordan1982 New Member

I have a 2000 sivlerado 1500 5.3. I have 126000 on it. I have noticed over the last couple weeks when I get in the high rpms the truck hesitates a little like its not getting enough fuel. When I punch it from a dead stop it lacks power at first. Also if the truck sits for around 12 hours and I start it up it acts like its not getting enough fuel at first. Any ideas any known issues? I have already done a tune up and changed the fuel filter 2 months ago. Thank you.

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would send some seafoam through the gas tank, also have the fuel pressure checked as well.

4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

^^^ I agree

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Besides the Seafoam through the gas tank I would remove the throttlebody and clean both sides with Seafoam spray and a soft toothbrush. Your 2000 has a IdleAirControl (IAC) valve screwed on the side of the throttlebody. I would remove this and also clean with the Seafoam spray. Seafoam also has a relatively new spray can with a hose to clean the intake manifold. Won't hurt to do this also. You can see all the "how to" videos on there website.

6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I would check the fuel pressure. You can borrow a fp guage from most auto parts stores if you leave a $$ deposit. I would drive it with the guage installed & run it at these high rpms & see if your fp is dropping.

1 person likes this.
  7. maxjordan1982

maxjordan1982 New Member

I cheched my fuel pressure......it was only at 32psi so I replaced the fuel pump. no more problems..... thanks

8. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 Rockstar 100 Posts

Glad to hear your problem is resolved!

9. maxjordan1982

maxjordan1982 New Member

I put a gauge on my truck this weekend. All my pressures were very low. My idle psi was at 32psi. I replaced the fuel pump and no more problems. Thanks guys

10. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

****threads merged*******