1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel level sender problems in 05 Trailblazer?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Blaze, Mar 15, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Blaze

Blaze New Member

Anyone else have any issues? I had mine replaced once under warranty and now it is doing goofy things again.

I really don't want to have to drop the tank and all that crap.

Is this a common problem with them?
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Make sure you have a good connection at the sender. The gas tank is not grounded so it needs the dedicated ground wire to operate correctly.

Jim
  3. jlsl5240

jlsl5240 New Member

2005 trailblazer fuel gauge issues.

I also have an 06 with the same problem.it sounds like a common thing on gm trucks..I've heard you purchase the fuel level sensor on the pump itself..the part you can get for $72 from www.gmpartsclub.com and do it yourself. But if you take it to chevy or independent shop..they tell you that it comes as a complete unit and want you to purchase the whole unit, fuel pump included, because you'll pay the same labor rate either way...that way you have everything new...but the downside is the whole unit is pretty pricey....also...so you are looking at about $800 for the whole repair.