1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

fuel limitler on 93 GMC ~ any way to get rid of it?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by BIGG BOY, Sep 1, 2012.

1. BIGG BOY

BIGG BOY Member

my 93 gmc like to do away with the limitler any suggestion cut out about 98 mph is this safe to remove the program[HR][/HR]
  2. giorge

giorge Rockstar 100 Posts

You mean limiter?
    If you can change it you should be fine.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Some of the tuners give you this capability.
  4. BIGG BOY

BIGG BOY Member

do you know a good one for my model truck
  5. dbb06

dbb06 Member

What is the speed rating for the tires you have? Have you done any upgrades to the truck besides putting big rims on it?
  6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Since your truck is pre 1996 (OBDII) there maybe some tuners that will do it, most tuners need OBDII to work, a chip upgrade might make it possible.
  7. BIGG BOY

BIGG BOY Member

yes i put comp cam and lifters gonna do headers and dual exhauts gonna do chip but looking for the right one.the tire rating for 80 mph i thank they are 24in tires
  8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Tires are the easy part, I think my 265/70R16 Michelin LTX M/S[SUP]2'[/SUP]s are rated up to the 120mph range, my computer cuts off at 99 mph, but my tuner got rid of the limit. I have recorded up to 111.8 with my diagnostic software (speedometer stops at 100 in my truck) at a track.
  9. BIGG BOY

BIGG BOY Member

haven't checked ran the speed with my gps had up to 95mph gave it a little more got it to 98mph it cut out so i do know that like to do more with the mods it had done so what you think i should do
  10. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

First off, I woud not attempt to get the truck to 98MPH again until you have a tire rated for that speed. You stated that your tires are only rated for 80mph! Exceeding that is just plain ignorant. I would not want to be driving my family anywhere near your tragic accident waiting to happen. You are risking your life, any of your passenger's lives, and anyone driving near you lives when you exceed the speed rating of your tires by any amount. After you get some tires rated for higher speeds, then checkout some of these: http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?Ntt=Performance Chip. I am sorry if I seem like a pissed off a$$. I hate to see people blatantly risk the life of innoccent people. .