Fuel Line Disconnect Tool Size???

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by IWannaGoFishin, Feb 13, 2013.

  1. IWannaGoFishin

    IWannaGoFishin New Member

    Hi there. My 04 Suburban has the stupid 0327 Knock Sensor Code for Bank 1. I've turned it off a couple of times, but it comes right back. So I'll be replacing both of the knock sensors this weekend.

    Here's my question. What size fuel line disconnect tool do I need for the inlet and outlet lines to the fuel rails? 3/8? Any brand recommendations?


  2. TRPLXL2

    TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

    It is metric, I bought my fuel line disconnect tool from harbor freight for $1.97, perfect fit for the new car fuel lines. I used it on several, and they haven't broken yet. It has 4 different sizes, 2 metric and 2 standard for older cars.
  3. IWannaGoFishin

    IWannaGoFishin New Member

    Cool, thanks. Headed to Harbor Freight.
  4. dobey

    dobey Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

    Curious why you need to remove the fuel line to change the knock sensors. Aren't they completely external and mounted on the lower portion of the block?
  5. TRPLXL2

    TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

    His suburban has an ls based engine, most likely the 5.3. To change the knock sensors requires removing the intake manifold/fuel rail combo. The knock sensors are under the intake, in two recessed pockets of the valley cover. Screwy setup, but at least it's a dry intake..
  6. dobey

    dobey Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

    Oh, I see. It's like the original Gen III LS1 setup. Are all the Gen III Vortecs that way, or did some of the later ones have the sensors mounted on the sides of the block, like the Gen IV are?

Share This Page

Newest Gallery Photos