1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Line Disconnect Tool Size???

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by IWannaGoFishin, Feb 13, 2013.

1. IWannaGoFishin

IWannaGoFishin New Member

Hi there. My 04 Suburban has the stupid 0327 Knock Sensor Code for Bank 1. I've turned it off a couple of times, but it comes right back. So I'll be replacing both of the knock sensors this weekend.

Here's my question. What size fuel line disconnect tool do I need for the inlet and outlet lines to the fuel rails? 3/8? Any brand recommendations?

Thanks

KP
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It is metric, I bought my fuel line disconnect tool from harbor freight for $1.97, perfect fit for the new car fuel lines. I used it on several, and they haven't broken yet. It has 4 different sizes, 2 metric and 2 standard for older cars.
  3. IWannaGoFishin

IWannaGoFishin New Member

Cool, thanks. Headed to Harbor Freight.
  4. dobey

dobey Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Curious why you need to remove the fuel line to change the knock sensors. Aren't they completely external and mounted on the lower portion of the block?
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

His suburban has an ls based engine, most likely the 5.3. To change the knock sensors requires removing the intake manifold/fuel rail combo. The knock sensors are under the intake, in two recessed pockets of the valley cover. Screwy setup, but at least it's a dry intake..
  6. dobey

dobey Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Oh, I see. It's like the original Gen III LS1 setup. Are all the Gen III Vortecs that way, or did some of the later ones have the sensors mounted on the sides of the block, like the Gen IV are?