Fuel Mileage question...

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by Siman/OH, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Siman/OH

Siman/OH New Member

New here,

I drive a 2005 3.5L Colorado Z85 and i average around 15 mpg. Is this average or do i have something wrong? My oil gets changed every 3,000 miles and there are no check engine lights on.

Also when sitting at a stoplight, i can feel a slight vibration, also my drivers side mear slightly vibrates going down the road, but my passenger mirror does not. Is this because of uneven tire wear? Or could something else be wrong? Maybe a misfire?

I know thats alot to ask of a first post, but i am a slightly concerned owner who doesnt have a vast knowledge of trucks.

2. ToddAnderson

ToddAnderson Rockstar 100 Posts

Questions for you: How fast do you drive? Do you do a lot of start-stop rush hour driving or do you get long stretches where you can drive 60 MPH on the freeway with the cruize control on? You will lose about 30% of your MPG when you move from 60 MPH to 75 MPH for example. You also will lose 30% or more when you drive in heavy stop-and-go rush hour traffic for any length of time.

3. Siman/OH

Siman/OH New Member

I live in the country, so i get a huge mixture of both. Alot of 60mph cruising, and alot of city driving when i go to work.

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I avg. 18 mpg. with the 5.3L V8, so it sounds like yours should be better.

5. Siman/OH

Siman/OH New Member

Bump....im really looking for some help here guys.

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What other maintenance have you done beyond changing the Oil and how many miles does your truck have??