1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel odor in cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 2000sierra, Oct 5, 2013.

1. 2000sierra

2000sierra Member

I have noticed an unusual fuel odor in the truck cab a few times now. I am not getting lower mpg or noticing hesitation or rough idle rpm's. The smell does not last long but never had this before.
  2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Examine all your fuel fittings. Year,make,model, engine?
  3. j cat

j cat Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

with these vehicles I have found that the fuel return line leaks at the fuel filter area . for some reason the line internally gets corroded probably the water/alcohol fuels used today. with the engine running check for these lines to be leaking especially between the fuel filter and the plastic lines going to the charcoal vapor canister.

many stores will have kits available to replace these lines.

I have seen the exterior of these metal lines look good with no rust but leak ...