Fuel Off Road Rims

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jake's silverado, Dec 17, 2013.

1. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

So I am looking at finally upgrading the rims and tires on my 2011 2500HD. I'm pretty sure i will be going with a cooper or toyo tire, but looking ot one of these 2 rims from Fuel. They are both one piece rim. The flat black PUMP or the dressier Full Blown. I like the Full Blown I think with the Taupe Gray colour of the truck it would look great, but the Matte Black goes with the Matte mirrors and door handles. Guess I may need new door handles...

So What are your thoughts? Pump has been around for 3-4 years and the Full Blown is new. I, still open for alternatives but these are the 2 that are at the top of the list. I'm leaning to Full Blown so input on care for the black gloss rims is appreciated, what if anything should I do before I put them on the truck(wax them??)

PUMP
    Pump.jpg

Full Blown
    full blown.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  2. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Sorry, but what do you mean by "piece" rim? But if it were me, I would go with the full blown. I feel the chrome accents give it more curb appeal.

3. jake's silverado

OOOOPs one piece rims. I've been back and forth for the past few days. been leaning more to chrome accents as well...

4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

vote for the pumps.

Alex

5. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Pump looks way better.

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would say neither, unless you really like manual labor. I have had wheels with fake rivets like these, and the only right way to clean them is with q tips and polish. If you do decide to get either one, I would use a good grade sealant not wax before you mount the tires.

I like the pump style better as well.

7. jake's silverado

So I decided on the Pumps. Now I want to apply some protectant and off I went to look and since it is the middle of winter here the selection was next to nothing. But I noticed much of the selection was for chrome and actually nothing fro flat black. So I did google and found Dr Beasley's but have some time so I check the detail forum and saw nothing so for those of you that have matte black finished rims what do you protect them with? I have a few months before they go on so looking for input. Thanks.

8. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

When I had mine I just cleaned them well and used liquid wax on them so they would be easier to clean. Just spray on and wipe off at each cleaning is all I did. I was afraid to use a paste or anything of that nature on them. The flat color makes it hard to work with since it's a porous coating. Paste wax wanted to get caught and not look great. By the way if you haven't already ordered your wheels check out DropStars. There are a few that would look amazing on your truck!