1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Pressure increase

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by GMANs95, Nov 21, 2013.

1. GMANs95

GMANs95 Member

What is the best way to increase the fuel pressure to the TB? I have noticed now that when I get below a 1/4 tank it spits and sputters on acceleration. I have already considered a fuel pump knowing the nightmare it will be to change it. The truck has 200K plus on it and I am sure the pump is tired.

I have seen some TBi mods the allow for increased pressure, but wanna hear from the powers herein.

Its a 95 5.7l 2wd.

What say Ye?

:sign0011:
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I doubt if you need more pressure, it sounds like you could be sucking in air.

The pump pickup should be in a small "well" inside the tank. This "well" is an area that stays filled with fuel under hard braking, or, hard acceleration. In other words, the tanks are designed so that a small amount of fuel stays at the pickup, when the rest is pulled forward, or pushed rearward in the tank.

You might have a tank problem (the little well has moved, or leaks), or, the pickup is too high in the tank, or, the pickup has a hole somewhere in the tube. I suspect the tank.
  3. GMANs95

GMANs95 Member

This well you speak of....is it "attached" to the tank some how....If so how can it move? As far as I know this is the original pump and hasn't been changed.

just curious.

4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Yep, it's attached to the tank, just one of a number of baffles inside the tank that keeps the fuel from sloshing around when the vehicle is moving.

[​IMG]