fuel pressure regulator...

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Cros89, Dec 4, 2008.

  1. Cros89

    Cros89 Member

    how easy is it to change? is there anywhere on here thats got a how-to or anything? it will be getting changed on a 1999 Z71 with the vortec 5.3
  2. retired

    retired Rockstar 100 Posts

    On the fuel rail, 2 small bolts and it's off.
  3. Cros89

    Cros89 Member

    i tried looking for it today but im clueless as to what it looks like, i think i might just buy it and look on the fuel rail for the part after i know what it looks like... lol ive been workin on motorcycles (jap bikes) for a bit but im pretty new to the truck thing. im trying to learn to do everything myself though and not take it into any shops and get ripped off. oh yea how much does a fuel pressure reg. run in price??
  4. MrShorty

    MrShorty Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

    If your 5.3 is like my 5.7 (and I believe it is), the "fuel rail"/FPR is just iniside the upper intake, so you have to remove the upper intake to get to it.
  5. Cros89

    Cros89 Member

    how tough is that to do? and about how much will a repair manual run me? like a Chilton or haynes or something...
  6. dwill3015

    dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

  7. Cros89

    Cros89 Member

    thank you for that link! should be a pretty easy job. one problem though... it tells me to hook up a gauge with some sort of bleeder valve on it to relieve the fuel pressure in the line... i dont have one of those, what should i do?
  8. GaryL

    GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

    The valve is on the fuel rail. It looks like a valve on a tire. Pull the cap off, use a screw driver to push in the valve and it will let the pressre out just like if you were doing it on a tire. Be careful of where your face is because it will spray fuel out instead of air.

Share This Page

Newest Gallery Photos