1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

fuel pump brand question

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 01sierraslt, Nov 25, 2012.

1. 01sierraslt

01sierraslt New Member

I have a 2001 gmc sierra 5.3 ltr. I'm looking to buy a fuel pump cause my check valve is bad. has anyone had good luck with the cheaper ebay or rock auto brands? or should i stick with the ac delco or another name brand like delphi or bosch? I'm just looking for an OEM replacement, nothing fancy.

Thanks,
    :happy:
  2. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

As much trouble as GM trucks seem to have with their fuel pumps, most people strongly recommend AC Delco pumps only. AC Delco pumps seem to have enough trouble as it is, the aftermarket OEM style replacements seem to have even more trouble.
  3. 01sierraslt

01sierraslt New Member

Thanks for the advice. Think ill run ac delco
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Check amazon for an AC Delco replacement pump they are about half the price of one directly from GM. The amazon automotive section is amazingly user friendly it allows you to put in your vehicle and all info about it and look for parts.
  5. MauryFrench

MauryFrench New Member 100 Posts

I will say this; I have a mechanic I would probably trust with my daughter and he swears to avoid the aftermarket parts wherever possible. Go for the AC Delco.
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have a Rockauto off brand fuel pump in my 90 lumina, It's still going strong 2 years later. My 97 Firebird has the ebay Spectre fuel pump, and it's going on a year and half old. I paid $56.00 for the spectre pump versus, $450 for AC Delco, and $78.00 for the rockauto special, versus $279.00 ac delco.