Fuel pump on the 8100 vortec again...

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Jason2325, Apr 22, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. Jason2325

Jason2325 New Member

So I have heard that the 8100 vortec had some fuel pump issues and my truck's problems point to needing a new fuel pump. So I will be needing a new fuel pump. My question is should I order another on from GM or is there a better aftermarket company I should go with?

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Here is a link to another post of mine where I show you the spark plugs after just 6months of use.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/87871-Bad-Fuel-Pump-on-the-8-1-Vortec#axzz1sp4xFzKM

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would go with any trusted aftermarket pump over a stock one from gm. It'll save you a ton of money and like you said they had problems with these stock pumps. I just replaced mine this winter. Just one tip I learned is when you get a new pump make sure it comes with a new wiring harness/connector because the stock ones have been known to have caused problems as well!
  3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

^^THAT! I went with 2 GM ones when mine went out and wound up having the 2 GM ones go out 2 weeks apart from each other. My brother ordered an aftermarket pump (can't remember the name) and as well as a connector. Has been fine ever since.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

This was in late late 2010 I think
  4. Jason2325

Jason2325 New Member

What company did you go with?

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Thanks guys for helping me out on the issuse I found out what I was looking for.
  5. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I went with a napa fuel pump. I have never had a problem with napa brand products.