1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Fuel pump pressure sensor harness

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by earnest, Jun 14, 2013.

1. earnest

earnest New Member

Hi Guys, I am new here. I have been cruising through peoples posts looking for answers. I was hoping somebody could help me. I have a 99 gmc sierra 1500 4wd. What i thought was the sending unit of the fuel pump that had gone bad turned out to be some critter had chewed through the wires of the fuel pump harness and the pressure sensor harness. I have the fuel pump harness but I can not find the pressure sensor harness( if that's what it is called). The fuel pump that I have is the Airtex E3500M model. Any help tracking down this part would be greatly appreciated.

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

You could try a junkyard/dismantler. Get the part number from the dealer then google search that part specifically. Check gmpartsclub.com (site vendor)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

if you are just talking about the plug or connector that goes to the fuel pump/sending unit, they are usually available at any parts store. If you want the entire harness then it is probably a dealer only part. As [MENTION=26043]dsfloyd[/MENTION] suggested I would check a junk yard or get the part number and start searching online.

4. earnest

earnest New Member

Thanks guys for your reply so I found the part, it was the fuel tank pressure sensor lead connector. Had to get it from GM dealer. Hooked it up and the truck won't start now. It turns over but doesn't fire up. Which is weird to me because the truck ran fine and had no problems before. I turn the key to the on position and it shows that I have 3/4 tank. Wiring has to be correct if it now shows that( I assume). I changed the relay switch and the fuel filter. Any ideas?

5. marksoldtowne

marksoldtowne Member 1 Year

Fuel pump pressure sensor plays important role to measure manifold intake pressure,atmospheric pressure,vapour pressure in the fuel tank.Acc.to my view manifold absolute pressure sensor is best for sensing pressure & easy to use.it has silicon chip which is flexes when pressure changes.MAP sensor is directly located on manifold intake.Intake manifold pressure indicate quantity of fuel injected,time of ignition of cylinder & other function etc.