1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

fuel pump pressure

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Jim Beard, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Jim Beard

Jim Beard New Member

fuel pump pressure indicates 55 psi...the only info I have says it needs 66psi, anyone have any other numbers?....1999 5.7 liter gasSuburban

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

and WHERE is the fuel pressure regulator on this truck?

2. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

The regulator is attached to the fuel injection manifold, to get at it you need to remove the upper plastic portion of the intake manifold. Fuel pressure on these trucks usually runs at about mid 50s and up when running. 60 to 66psi should be seen when performing the key on test.

3. Jim Beard

Jim Beard New Member

Well it says only 55psi with the key on test...it read 54 before I replaced the fuel filter and 55 after....I guess I will have to lay out the money for a new fuel pump.....well, you can't take it with you!