1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Pump replacement. Fini!

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by USAF-Suburban, Jul 18, 2013.

1. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban New Member

All, so the 'ol suburban was running a bit rough and almost flat out refused to start in the morning so I knew something was awry in the fuel delivery. Thanks to some good old research and info from you fine folks I narrowed it down to the pressure regulator and/or the pump. So, I started with the "easier" job and replaced the regulator. Not quite as easy as I anticipated but nothing overly difficult. Had high hopes that it would solve my issues but no luck so I ordered a new pump from rockauto, which by the way was one helluva deal. Airtex $145 including shipping and got here in 3 days. Installed it last night with the assistance from my 2 sons. I got the tank down to about 1/8th and if you're wondering it's still a bit awkward to handle. I didn't have a tranny jack so I used my standard floor jack and thankfully I have a strong 16 year old to help me keep it from falling :) But, all went well, fairly easy install in about 3 hours in my driveway with standard tools (I did have to buy the fuel line disconnect tool though). So, in the end she's got 196,000 mi on her and she's running like a top. Thanks to all you guys for having such great info at my fingertips! Greg