1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

fuel pump & tank

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by miller57, Jun 19, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. miller57

miller57 New Member

just had a new fuel pump and tank installed in my 98 sub
    now i am getting a fuel smell in the cabin. I think i am also getting it in the engine compartment(hard to tell with fan blowing). Could there be a vent hose off? Didn't have the smell before the new pump
    any ideas???
    Thanks
    miller57

2. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member 100 Posts

is your truck running any differently?
  3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Be careful if you have a fuel leak. Take it back to the shop and have them look at it. Sounds like an EVAP hose is leaking somewhere.
  4. miller57

miller57 New Member

Truck is running better than before(smother)
    i filled it all the way up this morning and gas ran out out of the top of the tankall over the ground
    took it back to the shop and they said it must be the " o ring on the pump"
    i think its some kind of vent hose
    they said to run out the gas to 1/4 tank and they would redrop the tank and see where the leak is
  5. Bikeman

Bikeman New Member

Do you smoke?
  6. iPublicEnemy47

iPublicEnemy47 New Member 100 Posts

I sure hope he doesnt
  7. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul New Member 100 Posts

I agree with the possibility of the evap hose, however, check the connections at the fuel filter and do you see anything on the ground? try to locate a leak.

If could also be in the top of the tank.